As a librarian or counsellor, you are a member of the academic bargaining unit and are covered by the Academic Employees Collective Agreement. This agreement extends to all partial-load and full-time faculty throughout all 24 Ontario colleges. The current 4-year collective agreement will expire on September 30, 2021.
As a member of this bargaining unit, you receive the salary, benefits and professional conditions that have been negotiated by the Ontario Public Service Employees’ Union (OPSEU), on your behalf. As such, union dues are automatically deducted from your pay. Even so, you are not a member of our local (Lambton Faculty Union, OPSEU local 125) until you have signed your membership card.
Membership into our local is free and comes with many advantages, including allowing you to have a voice during negotiations, and in the event of a strike, eligibility for strike benefits such as strike pay. An electronic membership application form is available here:
Here are some important links:
- Collective Agreement 2017-2021
- Advantages to signing your membership card
- Benefits Booklet – Full Time
- List of Local 125 stewards, officers and committee representatives
- Union Basics – OPSEU
Ways to reach us:
– in person: B2-252, Lambton College south campus
– by email: firstname.lastname@example.org (general inquiries)
We wish you the best of luck at Lambton College!